Ishtar, Astarte, Inanna. The Mesopotamian Goddess of Love and War. Referred to as the Whirlwind, the Morning and Evening Star, Ishtar is a goddess of powerful contradictions: of burning fire and rainstorms, of joy and sorrow, deception and fair play. She delights in physical love, and rules over the planet Venus. Universally worshipped throughout the myriad of civilizations in the Cradle of Civilization, she was considered Queen of the Universe and took on the powers of the great creator Gods of the Ancient Middle East. A soft apricot-peach shade was chosen for Ishtar because the colour orange signifies joy, warmth, ethusiasm and sexuality, but the softness of apricot suits her youthful impetuousness and joie de vivre. Ishtar was never a mother goddess, or of marriage. She is the goddess of free love and forbidden joy.
This is a matte, loose blush in a peach shade. Moderately pigmented, but still sheer to allow natural beauty to shine through. This is a buildable pigment.
Mica, Dimethylimidazolidinone Rice Starch, Kaolin Clay, Ultramarine, Zinc Oxide, Yellow 6, Magnesium Stearate, Carnauba Wax.
Items are filled by volume rather than by weight.
- Sample Bags are 1/4 tsp (approximately 0.5mL) of product in a medium plastic bag.
- Sample Jars are 1/4 tsp (approximately 0.5mL) of product in a 5mL acrylic jar.
- Half sizes are 1 tsp (approximately 2g) of product in a 20ml sifter jar.
- Full sizes are 2tsp (approximately 4g) of roduct in a 20ml sifter jar.
- This shade is vegan.
- This shade is eye safe and lip safe.